One of your key tasks as a sitter is managing your calendar. If your calendar is kept well up to date, you won’t receive requests for dates when you are unable to care for dogs, and therefore won’t have to reject any requests. The frequency with which you update your calendar, as well as the number of bookings that you accept helps your profile to appear higher amongst the sitters in your area.
When updating your calendar, you can indicate the days of the week that you are unavailable, as well as the number of dogs that you can care for or walk at the same time. This is the general set up of your calendar.
- When accessing from our app, go to Calendar > (Manage availability)
- When accessing from the website, go to Availability
You are able to indicate a different availability for each service. For example, for dog boarding and dog day care, you might only be available at weekends, whilst being available from Monday to Thursday for dog walking. You can also select the number of dogs that you are able to care for or walk at the same time. Moreover, should you like to temporarily deactivate a service, you can do so by disabling it where indicated.
Remember to save any changes you make by clicking Update availability!
On the other hand, you can also edit your availability and number of places for specific dates. This change will only apply to the days you choose. For example, if there is a week when you are going to be unavailable, or you are going to have less space in your house and need to reduce the number of available places, you can do either of the following:
- When accessing from our app, go to Calendar > select the day that you would like to edit > Mark period as unavailable or modify the number of available places for this day > Save changes.
- When accessing from the website, go to Availability > select the day that you would like to edit > Mark period as unavailable or modify the number of available places for this day > Apply
To mark a day as available that you had previously marked as unavailable, all you have to do is follow the previous steps, though this time you need to select availability for at least one place in one of the services, and save your changes.
If you don’t want to amend any days, and want to indicate that your calendar is up to date:
- When accessing from the app, go to Calendar > Edit availability > Update availability
- When accessing from the website, go to Availability > Update availability
Remember that owners will be unable to make bookings with you during days that you have marked as “unavailable”, however they can still send you messages. You can update your calendar as much as you’d like - the more frequently the better!