All Gudog bookings are supported by our emergency Veterinary Coverage p, for your peace of mind and to keep pets safe in the event of an emergency.
- Gudog’s Veterinary Coverage is a reimbursement programme for claims related to treatment & veterinary costs from certified and practicing veterinarians.
- Gudog’s Veterinary Coverage is not insurance, the programme covers treatment & veterinary costs from certified and practicing veterinarians. All costs are covered directly by Gudog and the programme is intended as a supplement to the private insurance held by Gudog users (either a pet sitter or pet owner).
- The programme is only eligible to guest pets named in a Gudog booking and the maximum amount refundable is €/£500.
What claims are covered by Gudog’s Veterinary Coverage?
- Injury caused by another animal.
- Injury caused by a road accident.
- Ingestion of an object or a foreign body.
- Poisoning or intoxication.
- Other injuries or traumas as a result of violence caused by a third party.
What claims are not covered by Gudog’s Veterinary Coverage?
- Damages to a pet sitter’s property or home.
- Injury to pet sitters, family members or roommates.
- Illnesses or injuries consistent with age or as a result of any type of surgery.
- Aesthetic surgery.
- Mistreatment, exhaustion and/or bad hygiene attributed to the pet owner.
- Infectious (eg conjunctivitis), episodic or (eg epilepsy), or parasitic (eg fleas) diseases of any kind.
- Claims for pets who do not possess a microchip in regions where microchips are compulsory by law.
- Treatments or veterinary costs for subsequent care beyond initial treatment (ie follow up appointments, check-ups, rehabilitation, or other additional treatment).
- Treatments or veterinary costs beyond 7 days after a booking has ended.
Before filing a claim
- Inform Gudog: Let us know as soon as possible, and no later than 48 hours, after an incident has occurred by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the other party: Contact the other party (either the pet sitter or pet owner) as soon as possible to inform them of the incident and see if you can reach resolution together.
- Contact your insurance: Your pet or home insurance may cover some or all costs arising from an incident with your pet. You should file a claim under your insurance programme before seeking reimbursement from Gudog. We may ask to see evidence of your claim.
How to file a claim
- Confirm you claim is eligible: For claims to be eligible a reimbursable invoice submitted to Gudog must be related to a booking made on Gudog.com, the treated pet must be named in the Gudog booking, the incident must have occurred during the booking dates, and Gudog must have been notified within 48 hours of the incident occurring.
- Contact us: Once you have confirmed eligibility you should contact the Gudog support team at email@example.com with the documentation as outlined here in our article What to do in the event of an emergency.
- Our review: Our team will review all documentation submitted to determine eligibility. This process can take up to 10 business days, we may follow up with either party, and/or the veterinary practice specified, to gather as much information as possible.